Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM


I'm one of more than 1500 bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blog about a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

Each of the Narnia books could have made this list - C.S. Lewis was a brilliant writer, and these books have earned their "classic" stature. Voyage of the Dawn Trader might be favorite  of the novels simply because my name's in the title. (Kidding! Mostly.)

I devoured the series more than 15 years ago, but the characters and stories remain fresh, as though I'd only read them last week. Impressive.

Somewhere along the way, my taste for fantasy waned, and I looked to romance, and then paranormal to satisfy my insatiable thirst for good fiction. Revisiting the adventures of Narnia has reminded me that perhaps it's time to give fantasy another chance.

Is this your "V" book of choice? Let me know what you think in the comments below and at the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

1 comments:

I loved the narnia books, haven't come across this one, will take a look, blessings, Amanda

Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site