Monday, October 1, 2012

Pinning down the ideas

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 9:51 AM

It's probably ironic that I seem to come alive during the month that celebrates the dead - or perhaps, more accurately, the undead.

Though my husband and I have always paid homage to Halloween, last year we upped the spook factor and in addition to creating a creeptastic alley outside our country home, every room in our 100-year-old house was decked out for the season.

Of course, that meant scouring the internet for the best of the best - the scariest, craftiest, most spooktacular ideas for decor, food, costumes, adventure, and more. Oh my, indeed.

And that's when I stumbled upon Pinterest, an online scrapbook of incredible ideas. I created a pin board called Creeptastic and began gathering crafting supplies. From chicken wire ghosts (seriously creepy) to edible hands made out of meatloaf (delicious!), I've pinned some of the coolest spooktacular DIY projects in the world. Check it out.

And then, come hang out every day this month for Halloween-inspired posts as I count down the days until October 31. I'll dig into legends and myths, explore some of the most haunting places in the universe, profile some of the world's most wanted monsters, and create creepy crafts. Boo ya!

Happy October 1, my friends. Let's get this monster bash started.

- Dawn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site