Wednesday, October 19, 2011

High Tension takes the cake

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 7:27 PM

Me and my co-workers were chatting around the Theatre Alberta lunch table this afternoon about some of the scariest movies we've ever seen. Not all of the team is as Halloween-ga ga as I am, but almost everyone at the office has seen one or two truly creepy flicks.

Last week I posted about my top 10 scariest movies, giving the number one spot to The Exorcist.


But today, the lovely Michelle reminded me of the movie that actually frightened me more than the rest: High Tension.


"Two college friends, Marie and Alexa, encounter loads of trouble (and blood) while on vacation at Alexa's parents' country home when a mysterious killer invades their quiet getaway."

The minute I Googled the cover, I remembered almost every gory detail. High Tension is a blood fest of frightening, but it is also suspenseful.

And by far the scariest movie I have ever seen.

So scary, apparently, I blocked out the title.

And now for the cake part of the post...

If you've seen High Tension it's likely you've conjured up all kinds of nasty images after reading this. Here are a few pictures of Halloween cakes to balance things out. I don't have near enough creative cake skills to pull any of these off, but looking at them doesn't cause me to scream - at least not in horror.





Hmmm. I wonder how much I would need to beg my friend Cristy for her to create one of these festive masterpieces for me. She'd only have 12 more sleeps to do it. 

- Dawn





1 comments:

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site