Friday, April 20, 2012

Q is for Queen of Hearts

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:55 AM


NOTE: I was away on official "Q" day and my auto post didn't work! So...here I am doing Q and R today. Sigh.


I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blog about a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

I admit today is a bit of a cheat, because truthfully, I couldn't find a single "Q" book I have read. Instead, I looked to favorite characters.


My love affair with Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland, is well known in my circle of family and close friends. My Mom even still calls me Alice - the dreamer. 


I have several adaptations of the book, and each time I read one of them, I fall more in love with the red Queen. She's just so...brilliant.


Especially when portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter:






So, what "Q" title did I miss? Tell me in the comments and at the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

1 comments:

Watching Helena B. Carter transformed into the Queen of Hearts really brought some eeriness to the movie. It looked weird yet likable. I didn't know what to make of it! I liked it, though!

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site