Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 7:07 AM


I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blog about a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

Back in my "O" post, I cited S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders as the book that inspired me to start writing. Rumble Fish is a close second - but by then I was an absolute Hinton fan. 


While the book and movie didn't enjoy quite as much commercial success as The Outsiders, Hinton remained true to her style of raw, cutting edge prose that was unlike anything else on the market at the time. In some ways, this book still stands out.


And of course, the movie was brilliant, featuring the ultra sexy Matt Dillon and one of my all-time favorite actresses, Diane Lane. (Sidenote: Have you seen Streets of Fire? You MUST see Streets of Fire! So awesome...)



Matt was my first "bad boy" crush. 

Got a different "R" title? Tell me in the comments and at the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

2 comments:

Myyyyyyy gosh! Talk about weird. I just finished watching the special edition to Rumble Fish and it blew me away!!! I loved seeing all these actors from 30 years ago and what they looked like back then. Diane Lane still looked incredible, but right now...she looks spectacular! Mickey Rourke's the one who's changed the most...man, I miss his younger days.

I've never heard of this book, though I came across another A-Z post about The Outsiders. Thanks for the heads up. :)


The Golden Eagle
The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site