Saturday, April 21, 2012

S is for SPIRITED (and a party!)

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM

I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.


It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blog about a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

I promise, this wasn't planned (I'm a panser!), but the "S" post landed on the very day three Alberta authors are hosting a launch party and fundraiser for SPIRITED, an anthology of 13 haunting YA stories.

Spooky? I prefer to think of it as fate.

For those in the Edmonton area, the launch party happens at Happy Harbor Comics from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. (ish). I'll be joined by the talented Judith Graves and Halli Lilburn for a a party of creeptastic proportions - music by the live band Calista, delicious cake in the spirit of the event, random door prizes, 50/50 draws, readings, and more! Please join us for a bloody good cause - proceeds from the event will be donated to Wordsworth, a summer writing camp for youth who believe in the power of words.

Not in the Edmonton area. No problem. You can order the book (in print or e-book) form from Amazon.com or Leap Books. Leap is donated proceeds from this haunting anthology to 826 National, a US literacy-based charity. We hope you consider purchasing a copy - because illiteracy is one scary beast.

For more about the book please check out this link.

Want to win a copy of this "S" title? Leave a comment below and at the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site