Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O is for The Outsiders

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:00 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

These guys. All of them. *sigh*
I feel as though I've waited the entire A to Z Challenge for these next two posts. Without hesitation, and with great enthusiasm, I pick The Outsiders for my "O" movie of choice.

I literally can recite every. damn. word of this brilliant, beautiful, and bad ass movie. S.E. Hinton was only 16 when she penned this masterpiece, and thank Hollywood for seeing its on-screen potential. Pony Boy, Soda Pop, ah! Loved them all. The set. The script. The whole damn thing. AWESOME.

And what a cast! Rob Lowe, C. Thomas Howell, Karate Kid "Ralph", Emilio Estevez, Patrick Swayze, DIANE LANE. Freaking amazing. I love everything about this movie - and I'm only mildly jealous of S.E. Hinton's freakishly brilliant writing chops at such a young age. *sigh*

The Outsiders. Don't even try to convince me of a better "O" movie. If you haven't seen it, get thee to a movie store NOW!  Nature's first green is gold...EEP!

Okay. I can breathe again. So...do you have a better "O" or would you care to just chat about The Outsiders...for like days?

- Dawn

1 comments:

I'll have to check it out. :-)

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site