Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for Rumble Fish

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:00 AM



Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

After The Outsiders there was Rumble Fish, another S.E. Hinton masterpiece turned movie. While it didn't have the same kind of mass appeal that The Outsiders enjoyed, Rumble Fish was a great flick in its own right.

Plus, it stars Matt Dillon. And who doesn't love a young Matt Dillon? Oh, and Diane Lane - she remains one of my favorite actors. 

I can't recite every line of Rumble Fish and it doesn't have an alarm-protected spot on my DVD shelf, but I can appreciate its brilliance. Of course, with S.E. Hinton's book to guide it, the movie couldn't have gone all that wrong.

Maybe you know of a better R movie? Let me know.

- Dawn

1 comments:

Maybe I'm being self-serving here, but I think "Rocky" was pretty good. :-)

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site