Tuesday, April 23, 2013

S is for Sixteen Candles

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 8:46 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

Note: I had scheduled this post to run yesterday, but I forgot to hit "publish" so I missed a day on the A to Z Challenge. Whoops! Making up for it today.

My "S" movie choice is another John Hughes classic, his directorial debut - Sixteen Candles.

I am almost positive that this movie is the reason I both looked forward to and dreaded turning 16. I must have watched it 100 times before my sixteenth birthday. As with The Breakfast Club and pretty much anything John Hughes touched, Sixteen Candles really understood its target audience. Great plot, fabulous dialogue, and yeah, Molly Ringwald. I loved her - and her awesome red hair.

I tried introducing my stepdaughter to this movie a couple years back. She wasn't as excited about it as she was with The Breakfast Club - I guess there wasn't a strong enough "bad boy" for her to gape over. <grin>

Did you love Sixteen Candles, too - or is there another "S" movie on your list?

- Dawn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site