Friday, April 26, 2013

V is for (National Lampoon's) Vacation

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 10:35 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

Cheesy, but stomach-ripping funny.

For me, that's the best way to describe the National Lampoon's Vacation movies starring Chevy Chase. Good grief that guy was funny.

I don't own of the Vacation flicks, but if they're on TV, I'll make a point to watch them. They were a huge part of my youth, since family movie night often involved one of them. (Yeah, the first one was the best.)

As a kid, I used to watch a lot more comedy. These days, I'm more intrigued by horror, thriller and the paranormal. I tend to steer clear of comedies in the theatre, but then when I watch them on DVD at home, I'm reminded that a well-done comedy is actually a lot of fun.

Not that the Vacation movies were brilliant, or anything. But at the time, they were funny - even with the extra cheese.

What comedies am I missing? Help me find the laughter!

- Dawn

1 comments:

For a vacation theme, how about "Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation," with Jimmy Stewart?

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site