Saturday, April 27, 2013

X is for X-Men

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 10:36 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *




"X" is a tough letter on the A to Z Challenge, particularly when you're blogging about your favorite movies. Not a lot of flicks start with "X" - except, of course, X-Men.

Actually, it's not such a terrible choice. Like many of the movies I've highlighted over the month, it's the first in the series that I enjoyed the most, even as a younger me. The introduction of the characters, their world...Wolverine. Yeah, Hugh Jackman is definitely a draw.

These kinds of characters are a tricky thing for me. I love most of them - with Batman, Spiderman, Superman and the Hulk (oh yeah, the Hulk *swoon*- I guess I have a thing for hulking green men...) topping my list. But I also like Iron Man, Thor, and the list goes on and on. But I'm okay seeing these movies in my home rather than race to the theatre.

Maybe it's the action and the pacing, but there are some nights I'd just like to get lost in a fast, fun story. On those nights, I look for X-Men. Action, with a little less of the cheese.

I wonder how many other blogs in the A to Z Challenge have X-Men on the list today. <grin>

Gotta favorite X-Men character? Tell me about it!

- Dawn

1 comments:

Haven't exactly seen X-Men, as I told my friend Chase. HOWEVER, my favorite name for a character that starts with X is Xenophilius Lovegood from ... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. :-)

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site