Friday, September 30, 2011

The Halloween Count-down begins

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 5:45 PM




GUESS WHAT?!

Halloween is only 31 days away.

31.

Everything about Halloween is perfect - the costumes, the decor, the candy! Over the years, my family has collected a spooktacular buffet of creeptastic decorations - from giant blow-up skulls and moving zombies, to a hand-crafted coffin courtesy of my handy husband.

In this house, we count down the days to Halloween like most people do for Christmas. The calendar barely has time to turn over the month before I'm stringing spider webs like garland and replacing the floral bouquets in the sunroom with pumpkins.

There will be zombies, and skeletons, and ghosts. But this year there will also be pumpkins. Lots and lots of pumpkins.

Tomorrow me and my husband head to Smoky Lake for the pumpkin festival, where I plan to load up on those wonderfully versatile gourds. But tomorrow also marks the first day of my Halloween countdown blog.

Tune in daily for ghoulish recipes, creepy crafts, and tales of horror and suspense. Oh yes, it's going to be a fangtastic October, my friends. *rubs hands together with glee/menace*

Strap in for a wild ride.

- Dawn

Got Halloween? Crafts, recipes, costume ideas...send them on over!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site