Thursday, October 13, 2011

Madame Tussard's creepy Halloween

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 11:11 AM



I've been through hundreds of carnival-style haunted houses in my life - the kind where men dressed in chainsaws chase you through a corn field, or an eerie monotone scream echoes in a dark hallway filled with pop-up "ghosts" and other creepy crawlies. Great special effects, but none of these haunts have sent true chills of terror down my spine.

Except one.

At Madame Tussards wax museum in Las Vegas, there is a special tribute room to the characters of horror film. Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers - they're all there in prime waxy form. But if you pay an extra couple of bucks, you can take a detour through a dark room where not all of the wax statues are motionless.

In fact, some of them stalk behind you and breath on your neck, whispering not-so-sweet nothings. I have never screamed so loud in my life.

Which is why I am desperate to be in New York next week, when Madame Tussard's wax celebrities overtake three locations in Times Square for After Dark: The Haunting. (Yeah, Karen, I just heard you squee...)

From the website: "Tread the haunted wax museum's corridors in unnerving darkness and feel chills run up your spine as hundreds of sinister eyes follow your every move. Hear the horrifying screams that never end, but no one seems to be around. This Halloween, find out why Madame Tussards is notorious for terrifying paranormal activity, especially at night. Is there life after dark? You be the judge."

Okay! *jumps with hands over head* Pick me! Pick ME!

Sigh. I'm 99% sure my handsome hubby will not finance a trip to New York for what is sure to be an imminent heart attack.

For more info on Tussards After Dark, check out their website...and the creepy video. And if you go, know that I am insanely jealous of you.

18 sleeps until Halloween!

- Dawn

1 comments:

!I saw this on Ghost Adventures!!! It's amazing!! I would give my other arm to go!!! What will I do when I run out of appendages??? LOL!

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site