Saturday, October 15, 2011

Spirited cover unearthed

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 9:25 AM

It's not often I'm rendered speechless.

But yesterday, I received an e-mail that actually took my breath away.

Leap Books has revealed the cover for the Spirited anthology - and look! My name is on it!

Of course I knew my short story, THREAD OF THE PAST, had been accepted into the anthology, but until I  saw the proof first-hand, it didn't quite feel real.

But there it is - my name, on the cover of a pretty awesome looking book, along with the names of some of the genre's best (and bestselling) authors.

What an absolute honor.


The Sprited e-book launches October 31 (Happy Halloween), and the print version will be published in March, 2012.


I hope you consider picking up a copy, because Spirited isn't just about ghosts and ghouls, it's also about fanning the spirit of literacy. Leap Books will donate all proceeds of their sales from the anthology to 826 National.
“826 National is a nonprofit organization that provides strategic leadership, administration, and other resources to ensure the success of its network of eight writing and tutoring centers. 826 centers offer a variety of inventive programs that provide under-resourced students, ages 6-18, with opportunities to explore their creativity and improve their writing skills. We also aim to help teachers get their classes excited about writing. Our mission is based on the understanding that great leaps in learning can happen with one-on-one attention, and that strong writing skills are fundamental to future success.”
17 sleeps until Halloween - and the launch of the Spirited e-book. What an amazing month October is turning out to be.
- Dawn
PS - Want to win a copy of this beautiful anthology? Leap Books and Bridge Social Media are giving you the chance - Ghosthunters style. Check it out!

2 comments:

CONGRATULATIONS! It looks amazing and you're in fantastic company. :)

Thanks Mary. I am absolutely thrilled to be in this anthology with such amazing talent.

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site