Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas cards from scratch!

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 5:13 PM

WIN an epic book prize that includes a copy of Spirited, and debut novels by three of the most talented writers I know - Jessica Bell,  Judith Gravesand Donna Milward.  PLUS, Judith is throwing in a copy of her beautiful CD. Merry Christmas, indeed!

Follow this blog and comment on each post throughout my holiday countdown. The more times you comment, the greater your chances are to win. The winner will be announced Boxing Day - another gift just when you thought it was all over.

                                       *   *   *


While on Skype with my Mom today, I was giving her a virtual tour of our home, when she stopped me mid sentence and said, "Wait. You have a craft room?"


I don't blame her for being shocked. Truthfully, my sister is the more crafty between us, but I can hold my own. Especially if I have some direction.


When we moved into this house, my BF brought over all of her crafting supplies, with the yet-unfulfilled dream we'd hang out on weekends and "make stuff." I do have an impressive (and organized) craft room, filled with all kinds of goodies that have been instrumental in my Halloween and Christmas decorating. Sadly, Karen has not been over to "make stuff" with me - life is too busy!

I've yet to scrapbook - though between myself and Karen, we have enough materials to make hundreds of them - but I did want to try my hand at making Christmas cards this year. My problem was that I couldn't envision what they SHOULD look like.

So I kind of cheated. I started searching for cool homemade Christmas cards on Pinterest and picked up supplies to mimic the same designs. I'm really happy with the dozen or so I've made.

And only mildly nervous about getting them out on time :-/

This melting snowman was my first card.
And this is my collection thus far. Only a few dozen left to go!

I'm not sure if this is something I'd undertake next year (it's a lot of work) but making Christmas cards has been an exceptional way to get into the spirit. I just might have to consider doing it much...sooner :-)

Make cards? Want to share your designs? Please do!

- Dawn

19 sleeps until Santa slides down my non-existant chimney...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site