Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM

I'm one of more than 1500 bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll be blogging about a young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

Book "C"? Mind blowing.

When I wrote my review of Melissa Meyer's CINDER on my other blog, I almost began it with, "I'm not really into cyborgs."

But that would have been a lie. One of my favorite movies of ALL time is The Terminator, and it doesn't get much more cyborg than that. While I tend not to gravitate towards the sci-fi genre, Cinder had me at hello.

If you cliked the link above, I hope you read my full, glowing review. If not, do it now. And for goodness sake, if Cinder isn't on your TBR list, put it there immediately - right at the very top. Hands down, one of my favorite YA books, ever.

And that's saying a lot.

Would you have chosen a different "C" title? Tell me which one in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

8 comments:

This one has an interesting cover, I'll check out your review.
Wagging Tales

Perfect choice of book for letter C. Could this story get anymore yummier? Absolutely love the premise.

Cinder is PERFECT! As it was a fantastic read and now we only have EIGHT months until the next in the Lunar series comes out!

I hope you stop by my site to check out my Random thoughts for the A to Z Challenge!

Dang, good for you with the theme and all. I'm terrible about that, though I'm trying to stick with writing-type stuff (I caved and did hot, shirtless men today...Here, if you're interested). I really enjoyed this story! Such a creative twist on Cinderella. Granted, there were some rather obvious twists but I liked the story so much, it didn't bother me in the least!

I've seen this book everytime I go into a bookstore but have yet to pick it up. I will now :D Great challenge theme! So nice to meet you. I LOVE the title of your blog!

Cheers from a new follower,
Jen

CHARMAINE - I would love to hear what you think if you read it. Cinder is one of those books I can read over and over again.

Thanks, SA - I really loved it.

AH, KATE, thank you! I had no idea when to start stalking the bookstores for the second book. Now I do! Can't wait.

MARY, going to check out your hot shirtless men...NOW! (Thanks for the link...)

JEN - Please let me know what you thought :-) And thank you...I'm a big fan of the movie Labyrinth. That where the theme comes from.

I'm halfway through the ARC of this. I've been reading it for about two months. The only reason I'm taking so long is because I'm slow reading print books (but I zip through ebooks since I read on the go). So far I really like it.

I picked another C book, which is also YA. Elle Strauss' Clockwise.

Medeia - CLOCKWISE is on MY TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site