Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM


I'm one of more than 1500 bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll be blogging about a young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

I literally stalked the release of Laini Taylor's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE.

After ogling an amazing review of an advanced reader copy, I knew without question that not only did I NEED this book, but that it would also become one of my favorites ever. I was right.

But wow, did I work for it. For weeks leading up to its release, I paced my local book store, and when I finally held its beauty in my hand, it took everything I had not to plunk my butt down right where I stood and dive in.

Taylor writes with such effortless skill, I dare anyone to resist the world she creates in this brilliant story. The characters are fabulous, the romance is swoon-worthy, and the ending is...maddening. I can hardly wait for the sequel.

If not Daughter of Smoke and Bone, what "D" book would have made your list? Tell me which one in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

4 comments:

I loved this book. I seriously can't wait for the next one.
Great post and happy A-Z blogging.

HI - visiting from the A-Z linky. I'd not heard of this one but the title is beautiful. Impressed that you are doing this 3 times over - going to pop over to find out about some monsters now.

I guess this is great to know for D, I might read this one.
Do check out my D at GAC a-z.

I hear ya, S.L - this book gave me serious writer envy.

Thanks, KRISTY. I tend to go all in or nothing in these kinds of challenges :-/ Thanks for popping over to see the Most-Wanted Monsters.

I hope you do read it :-) Will head over to your blog, too...

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site