Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM


I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll be blogging about a young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked.) 

Sadly, in this case, it's a book I have yet to read...but really, really want to. Frankly, given it's subject matter, I'm stunned it hasn't already made it to the top of my toppling TBR pile.

From the cover:

When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands...

Sounds great, right? Tell me it is...

Is Eragon your "E" book of choice? Tell me why. If not, pick another and chat about it in the comments section below. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

5 comments:

Dawn,

Great post! Found you on the a to z, and am now a follower. Look forward to reading more!

Feel free to check out my blog too, I am doing a travel theme:

http://wordcut.blogspot.com

best,
MOV

I read this book when it was first published and was immediately enthralled. I loved the idea of a Dragon Rider, and someone that could do magic and save the world... I stuck with it through all four books and, while it became a labor of love at some points, it was well worth it. Definitely pick it up when you get a chance!!!

I think the story rambles on a little bit in terms of description, but I did love the story. Still have to read that last book, though.
Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

I agree with Nutschell but it didn't stop me from reading it all the way through like other books...the movie is also a bit of a let down but it'll do. My favorite E book...Emma...Jane Austen (too much for YA?)

Thanks MOV. I'll be sure to head over to your blog :-)

Kyle, I think I only even really knew about this book because of you. It's definitely on my list.

Thanks Nutschell. Going to check out your A-Z.

Jaimee - No! Not too much for YA at all. I loved Emma, even as a teen.

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site