Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 2:32 AM

I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll be blogging about a young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

Fragile Eternity absolutely fits into the love category, along with everything Melissa Marr has written, has yet to write, or has ever thought about writing.

This is the third book in a series that forever changed my opinion of faeries.(Ironically, faeries are the subject of my Most-Wanted Monsters post, too!) They're creepy, yes, but some of them are so damned sexy. Fragile Eternity isn't my favorite book in the series, but that's not saying much - all of them rank at the top of YA fiction I'd read again and again. And again.

When it comes to world building and character development, few do it better than Marr. Start with Wicked Lovely, though. The opening chapter will solidify why Melissa will become one of your favorite storytellers.

Disagree? Ok...I'm open to suggestions. Which "F" book should have made my list? Tell me in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

5 comments:

I can't believe you're doing two blogs for A to Z.

This is just about my favorite series of books. Melissa fired me up to writing. Great choice!

Dawn, I am totally excited to read all about the YA novels. I have invited my soon-to-be-English teacher friend to follow you as well!

Nice. I'll have to make note for my nieces.

MATT - 3 if you count my Dawn ius blog...which I do :-)

Thanks, SA. I talk a lot about Melissa Marr when I mention inspiration for writing. She's so damn good!

You're sweet, Jaimee. Thanks for your support.

M - if they enjoy the supernatural or paranormal, they'll love this, Melissa Marr is extraordinary.

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site