Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for Hush, Hush

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM


I'm thrilled to be one of more than 1500 bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April, except Sundays. You don't need a theme, but I've got one.


It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll be blogging about a young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

I have a habit for falling for bad boys of fiction. Actually, to be honest, I just have a thing for bad boys. In books, on screen, my own personal life. My awesome husband is a (former) bad boy.

But with the exception of hubs, few bad boys have made my heart patter like Patch from Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush. I love him.

I'm pretty fickle about paranorms in YA fiction. I like vampires, zombies, and the sexy faeries created by Melissa Marr. Fallen angels weren't my thing. Until Hush, Hush. Becca Fitzpatrick is an incredible writer, and her world building is brilliant. 

There are three books so far in this series and I love them all...but I have a special spot reserved for Hush, Hush. Because of course, it's the first time I fell in love with Patch.

Got a better "H" book in mind? (I dare you to) Tell me which novel you'd have chosen in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

3 comments:

Great choice! This is one of the books I'm giving away for my YA giveaway!!

Good luck to everyone who enters! It's such a fabulous, fabulous book.

i own these books and look forward to reading them. definitely drawn to the cover... :D

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site