Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Ink Exchange

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM


I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll be blogging about a young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

I promised myself I'd try and profile a different author with every post, but it's a promise I can't keep when it comes to Melissa Marr. I highlighted Fragile Eternity for "F" but I reserve my (second) most exuberant praise for Ink Exchange, the second book in Wicked Lovely series.

In Wicked Lovely, Marr introduces us to a cool faery world. In Ink Exchange, she ramps up the tension, the raw characterization, the smart and sassy writing. Yeah, I go a little fan girl whenever I talk about her. 

As I've said before, NOBODY builds worlds better than Melissa Mar.

Disagree? Ok...I'm open to suggestions. Which "I" book should have made my list? Tell me in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

2 comments:

I LOVE this series. Her writing is just so magical and wraps the reader in the dark world of the Fae. Can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Mary - did you read Graveminder? Even though it was adult fiction, I loved it. LOVED.

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site