Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for Knife of Never Letting Go

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM


I'm one of more than 1500 bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blog about a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

Or in this case, a book I'm itching to read.

Truthfully, I couldn't think of a single YA book starting with the letter "K" that I'd already read. But when scrolling through titles, I came across Patrick Ness' The Knife of Never Letting Go and remembered reading this blurb on it a few months ago:

Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee -- whose thoughts Todd can hear too, whether he wants to or not -- stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden -- a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives. 

But how do you escape when your pursuers can hear your every thought?

Sounds great, right? Apparently I'm not the only one to think so. The reviews are spectacular. I'll be adding this to my wobbly TBR pile this weekend.

Read The Knife of Never Letting Go? Am I in for a treat? Or how about another "K" book I may have missed? Talk to me in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site