Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM


I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.

It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blogabout a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

Maggie Stiefvater could write the phone book and make it sound like a songbook. Her words seem to spill onto the page effortlessly, weaving the kind of magic I can only dream of creating someday.
Quite simply, SHIVER is brilliant. It's the first book in a series about...love. Yeah, there's werewolves, and Sam, and Grace. But really, Shiver, Linger and Forever are about a love that truly defies all obstacles. 


No sparkling vampires required.

Read the series? Which is your favorite? Tell me in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

5 comments:

Yeah, her writing is rather lyrical. Great choice for the letter L!

I'm not familiar with her work, but it sounds just 'lovely'.
I'm visiting on the A to Z challenge. Nice to meet you.
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

Haha! I hope no sparkling vampires are required! :)

Just the title--Linger--presents so many possibilities.

Thanks SA. I'm a fan of everything she writes.

Nice to meet you, too KATHY. Thanks for stopping by. Will head over and check out your challenge blogs.

I promise, JACK, no vamps - sparkling or otherwise.

I agree SUSAN, and Stiefvater explores one of them brilliantly.

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site