Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for Matched

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:50 AM

I'm one of more than a thousand bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.


It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blogabout a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 


Matched fits into the love category.

In an evolving world of YA dystopian romance, Matched stands out. Because the characters like their world, at least in the beginning. The girls anticipate the matching ceremony much like a teenager awaits prom - who will be their forever mate? Is it someone they know?

I appreciated the slow burn romance, versus an instant attraction based on looks or paranormal status. The chemistry is believable, and absolutely romantic. 

Matched sucked me in from the first chapter. What did you think? Or tell me about another "M" book in the comments section. At the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

4 comments:

Ok, I fully admit that this is a lame thing to do, but my book is a ya "m" book that shows the slow burn of romance :-) Max and Menna.

I also love Maze Runner by James Dashner, and My Beginning by Melissa Kline.

And great post-- I may have to read this one!

This is one of those that I keep meaning to pick up and read. Thanks for reminding me!

Hi
I love YA too. In fact, I have a new one out called Fireseed One, a futuristic thriller. I have not yet read Matched, but I do love that cover, and I keep seeing it around. Sooner or later I will read it! I'm over from A to Z. Following you now. Stop by if you like. Catherine

Great M books mmshaunakelley! I loved Maze Runner but will have to add My Beginning to my TBR pile - and of course, hunt down MAX AND MENNA. (Not lame at all - thank you for telling me!)

Thanks DAMYANTI. I can't believe we've crossed the half-way mark :-)

No problem CP. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the follow, Catherine. I'll be by to check out your blog...and your new book. Congrats!

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site