Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for YOU by Charles Benoit

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 3:00 AM

I'm one of more than 1500 bloggers taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday in April - except Sundays. You don't need a theme...but I've got one.


It's called watchYAreading. Each day, I'll blog about a  young adult book I have read - and loved (or at least really liked). 

I actually haven't read YOU. But that isn't for a lack of trying - I can just never find it when I'm looking for it...and despite its glowing reviews by teens, and literary agent Janet Reid, I keep forgetting to order it until...well, until moments like this.

But I do remember when I first read about the book, LONG before its expected release date, and how I'd become more and more frustrated when I couldn't find it in stores. Which leads me to wonder how much advance hype a book should receive, and whether this one in particular lived up to its high praise.

Have YOU read YOU? What did you think? Comment and at the end of the month I'll choose three readers to win a copy of SPIRITED, an anthology of haunting YA fiction.

Now, go check out the rest of the blogs in the A-Z Challenge, including my Dawn Ius site where I blog about songs and artists who have inspired me, and at the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where the awesome Judith Graves and I are waxing poetic about 26 creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

2 comments:

Sounds like an intriguing book.

Maybe hype before the book release is a bad thing. You'll stop looking soon. Perhaps it's an eBook. Edith Parzefall and I created hype pre-release last week, but I don't think it did any harm because our readers knew it wasn't due for release.

http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site