Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Dirty Dancing

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:30 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

Now I've had the time of my life...

* swoon *

Okay, so maybe Dirty Dancing isn't exactly a youth movie - though the first time I watched it was as a young teen. I note the "first" time, because aside from The Princess Bride, this MAY be the movie I have watched more than any other. For sure once a year...maybe more.

And for certain, Dirty Dancing was the catapult for my "dance movie" obsession - from Footloose and Flashdance to Step Up and everything in-between. I'm pretty sure the movie (or maybe just Patrick) is also the reason I've always wanted to be a dancer. (I have two left feet, though. Honest. No matter how many times I play my dance game on the Xbox.)

Sure, Dirty Dancing is full of cheesy lines, awkward clothing, and cliched characters. BUT, it also has Patrick Swayze, looking mighty fine and burning up the screen with some ultra sexy dance moves.

Added bonus: it's totally romantic. I mean, come on: "Nobody puts baby in a corner." It doesn't get much better than that!

Got a better "D" movie? Hit me.

- Dawn

P.S. - Honorable mention MUST go to The Dark Crystal. I don't own that one, though...might have to rectify that.

5 comments:

I LOVE Dirty Dancing!!! My D movie would have been "David Copperfield" (1935).

I fully agree :)

http://intoabarrel.blogspot.com/

Wow.. i love this movie and i have seen it countless number of times :)

Bhavya from the AtoZ Challenge blogging at Just Another Blog

Great movie pick!
Dani @ Entertaining Interests
#warriorminion

Thanks, everyone. I think I might watch Dirty Dancing this weekend :-)
Rockstar, I also loved David Copperfield!

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site