Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for E.T.

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 9:09 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *


When I was in elementary school, I dressed as E.T. for Halloween. I wasn't the only alien on the street that year - at the time, it was the most popular costume of the season. But no one else had a custom-made glowing finger. My stepdad fashioned a small light attached to a switch that fit in my hand. I'd ring the doorbell, yell, "trick or treat" and then light up my finger.

Yep, my stepdad helped me put the extra in extra terrestrial.

I loved E.T. as a kid, and it's only since doing this challenge that I realized I haven't seen it in forever. And yet, I can still remember such vivid scenes from the movie, and of course, recite the most classic of lines. Like, E.T. phone home.

And, how cute was Drew Barrymore back then?!

So...how many times did you pretend E.T. was hiding out in your pile of stuffed animals?

- Dawn




3 comments:

It gets shown a lot in the UK. Still tugs at the heart strings! That sounds like a pretty cool gadget your stepdad rigged up.

A wonderful movie that still holds up! Great choice for E!!!

Thanks, Nick. We had tons of great Halloween costumes growing up.

Thanks Rockstar. I couldn't think of a better E, either.

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site