Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for The Hunger Games

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:00 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

Of course, I couldn't pass "H" without a nod to The Hunger Games.

I remember when I first read this book - I finished it one sitting, and was absolutely mesmerized by each page. Admittedly, it took me a little longer to get through Catching Fire and Mockingjay, but I absolutely devoured The Hunger Games.

The movie was good. Not perfect - but it's hard for book adaptations to live up to my expectations. I loved the acting, from the leads through to the supporting cast, and I thought that the cinematography was well done.

I think the movie just lacked a little bit of the chemistry between some of the characters, and yeah, the romantic in me MISSED that. 

But when it's all said and done, I'm excited for Catching Fire and think as far as YA flicks go, this one is a solid contender for one of the best I've seen lately.

How about you? Are you hungry for Catching Fire? Or did The Hunger Games leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth?

- Dawn

3 comments:

Definitely looking forward to Catching Fire! It's the TWO Mockingjay movies that concern me. :-) Amen on The Hunger Games, though

Rocky, I never understand breaking the fourth book into two movies just for the sake of more money :-(

Hunger Games was a very interesting show. Waiting to see what happens next.

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site