Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Jurassic Park

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:00 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

What kid doesn't like dinosaurs?!

Well, okay, maybe there are some. But I wasn't one of them. 

Growing up near the famous Royal Tyrell Dinosaur Museum and the Calgary Zoo's dinosaur park, there was always a way to feed my dinosaur obsession. When I wasn't thinking about going to Space Camp to be an astronaut, I was figuring out how hard it would be to hunt for dinosaur bones.

Then came the movie Jurassic Park. Oh. My. God. 

I still watch this classic almost every year - with the volume cranked and the lights out. I am both mesmerized and terrified of the Velociraptors, and I've always been fascinated by the T-Rex. Throw in some "distressed humans" and what more can you ask for in an action-packed thriller adventure?

While it lacks the obvious cinematic power, Michael Crichton's book by the same name is spectacular and thrilling - and worth the read if you haven't already done so. Another great book to screen adaptation.

The other two movies in the series? Meh. I can take em or leave em. But Jurassic Park just came out in 3D - you can bet I'm going to see it! 

Love dinosaurs? Did Jurassic Park meet your expectations?

- Dawn

2 comments:

Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorite movies! I can watch it again and again and never tire of it. And the kitchen scene still freaks me out LOL.

I'm stopping by from the A-Z, it's great to meet you! :)

I, too, love Jurassic Park!

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site