Monday, April 15, 2013

M is for Muppets

Posted by Dawn Dalton on 6:00 AM


Last year, I attempted the A to Z Blogging Challenge with young adult books starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet. I was going to follow that same theme, but I knew so many of them would be the same and this year, I've been trying my hand at script writing - with fairly good success. So, I decided to base this year's theme on either movies I loved as a kid - or movies made for kids. Join me on a Hollywood adventure?

*    *   *

My Dad and my husband can do a pretty mean Kermit the Frog impression. Coincidence? Man I hope so. They can also both do a great Donald Duck quack, earning my Dad the nickname of Uncle Duck. But um, back to Kermit the Frog - and the Muppets, my "M" movie of choice in the A to Z Challenge.

Personally, I'm more of a Miss Piggy fan, but pretty much anything Jim Hanson touched is golden in my books. One year, I even went as Grover for Halloween, and of course, Animal holds a special place in my heart. The guy can play the drums - and I have kind of a thing for drummers. 

It's been forever since I've watched any of the Muppet movies, but their charm never really goes away, does it? And of course, there's nothing creepy about Miss Piggy's obsession with her precious Kermie...right?

Hmmm - thinking about adding a couple of Muppet movies to my collection next payday. Which one is YOUR favourite?

- Dawn

4 comments:

From Jim Henson --- YODA! From The Empire Strikes Back et. al.

LOVE The Muppets! The first Muppet Movie is my favorite. Kermit singing The Rainbow Connection gets me every time. Great word for M! :)

Who doesn't love the muppets, Ms. Piggy is my favorite!

Love the muppet pic!

I prefer the blue guy who says, "Me like cookies!!!!!" I use to be able to impersonate him pretty well.
I also love Yoda, who has allegedly said, "Calm you shall keep and carry on you must."

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting

Post a Comment

GOT WORDS? I LURVE COMMENTS.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site